Torta de Mele is an Italian apple cake that?s the perfect treat for individuals who have a sweet tooth and love being healthy at the same time!
The ingredients for this recipe are so simple that you?ll most likely have them in your kitchen already. Match it with a warm cup of coffee for breakfast, midday snack, or even dessert.
Torta de Mele
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 golden delicious apples, diced
- 1 apple, sliced (optional)
- 1 can cooking spray
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Whisk eggs and honey together in a bowl.
- Add apple sauce and milk, continue whisking.
- Add baking powder and flour, mix.
- Fold the apple.
- Use cooking spray on the pan then pour the cake batter.
- Top with apple slices (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.